Thursday, October 7, 2010

Labor day weekend

So I know I am a little behind in bloggins, but I am trying to get caught up. For Labor day weekend we went up to Travis parents house and spent time with them. We shopeed and went out to dinner and just enjoyed their company. McKenna's favorite part was when we roasted marshmallows and made smores out on the deck. They have a nice fire pit and a patio warmer which was really nice to be warm while we were outside. It was really fun! Travis brother and sister-in law were also there which was nice.
The best part of the weekend though was that we were able to bless Graysen on September 5, 2010 in the ward that Travis grew up in. Since we just moved to Oregon and had only been to our ward once, we decided to bless him in a ward where we actually knew people.
It was a really special day. Grandma and Grandpa Allen got his blessing outfit as it is tradition in their family to give the blessing outfits to the grandkids. It was such a cute outfit and he looked so handsome in it!
Travis brother and sister-in law came down from North Plains to enjoy it with us, and we had many other good friends there as well.
Travis was very emotional before he gave the blessing and it was such an amazing thing to witness the love he had for his son as he preformed this sacred blessing. There is probably only one other time I have seen him like that and it was at the blessing of McKenna. It is so special to witness the love of a father and child and the bond that is created from giving them a blessing.
The blessing was wonderful and said a lot of special things. I know Graysen is going to be a wonderful person who will love the Lord and have a special relationship with him. I am so lucky to be his mother and I feel very privelaged to be able to raise both my children in this day and age.
We had some close friends and the family over for dinner which my in-laws arranged and it was very deliscious and fun with everyone. It was a wonderful day, and Graysen was a perfect little Angel the whole time!
on memorial day the boys went golfing and we went shopping so it was a blast! I always have fun with the in-laws!
We had a great weekend and feel very blessed to be close to family and be in a place we love so much! We miss all of our other family who couldn't be here with us to see Graysen's blessing but it was nice to have some family at least.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Graysen is such a cutie! I love his cheeks! I can't believe how far apart we live now. It's sad, but we'll keep in touch!