Travis parents, my mom and Travis and me and the kids all went down to Tillamook for the day.
It was supposed to be a nice day at the beach or so we thought, but when we got there it was pretty chilly, typical Oregon weather I should have known. :)
We still had a lot of fun though despite the cold. It was McKenna's firt time to the beach so it was so fun to see her reaction and to play in the sand and the waves.
Grandma Allen brought some beach toys to play with in the sand which were a big hit! She loved playing in the sand with the toys.
Grandma Marshall and Grandpa Allen built sand castles which she just liked to stomp on, it was great. She and grandma Marshall got wet sand and dripped it on top of itself so that it made large towers, she thought that was so cool!
We tried to get her to go by the water, but she wasn't having it, that is of course until she saw another little girl go into the water and she decided it looked like fun, grabbed grandpa and ran into the water. Grandpa said it was so cold but Kenna just kept running out and then running back in, she loved it!
It was really enjoyable watching the joy she got out of the beach. We will have to go there when it is nicer weather.
We had a nice bbq there though with the best hot dogs! It was nice to be together with the fam. Graysen just slept in his car seat with a blanket over him and didn't really get to experience the beach, not that he would have really cared much but for pictures sake I wish I could have gotten some but it was too cold.
We went to the cheese factory afterwords which was fun since I haven't been there forever! I love the squeaky cheese! We got some yummy ice cream which McKenna loved! We looked in the gift shop and then called it quits for the day.
We had a really good time and I loved going and just seeing how beautiful the area was even if was cold I can never be sick of the beach! I love just looking out at the water and rocks and trees, it is such a pretty coast and I am grateful I get to experience such beauty. I love Oregon!





1 comment:
That was Jack's first beach experience, too! We liked living in Oregon. Maybe someday we'll come back!
Post a Comment