Saturday, August 18, 2012

The big 5


McKenna turned fiver years old  and I can't believe it!  She will be going into Kindergarten this fall and I think I just might cry when she goes for her first day.  She is so excited to be 5 and can't wait to start school.  She thinks she is such a big girl now, and wants to do everything for herself.
We are so happy that she came into our lives. She is the most wonderful daughter we could ask for and has a special spirit.  She is always so kind and helpful to others.  She rarely complains if I ask her to do something.  Some of her favorite things to do is to play with Graysen and color or paint, ride bikes, play outside, and swim.  She is recently taking swimming lessons which she loves!
When she woke up we had her chair decorated and a sign up that said Happy Birthday, and she was so excited that it was finally her birthday! We had one of her favorite breakfasts, Cinnamon rolls and eggs.  We went and got her some balloons which she loved, and then we spent the rest morning setting up for her birthday party.
 McKenna has been so excited all week to have all her friends over to play at her house.  Grandma and Grandpa Allen came too which was awesome because Trav and I couldn't have handled 17 kids all by myself, as awesome as we are :) It was nice that a few other moms were there too.
We played duck duck goose and decorated party bags while we waited for the pool to be blown up and filled.  Once the pool was up and ready we hooked up the sprinkler and let the kids play in the water. They all ran in splashing and playing around.  After they played in the water for a while we brought out the cake and the ice cream which McKenna picked out by herself, and sang happy birthday.  That was probably the quietest moment we got the whole party.
After cake and ice cream they played for a little bit and then we opened presents.  She got so many presents, she was in heaven.  She got a lot of cool things from all her friends.  She got barbies, art supplies, ponies, lots of hello kitty stuff, and a lot of cool little games and toys. She had so much fun being with her friends and playing in the water.
After the presents were done and things cleaned up a bit we brought out the pinata. The kids were all so excited about this.  They each got to hit the pinata three times and then they all raced to pick up all the candy.  It was funny to watch them all scramble over each other to get all the candy.  We handed out some party favors for them to put in the bags with their candy to take home and that was it. I wish Graysen was around for most of it, but he was so tired and he crashed after the cake and ice cream.
It was a lot of fun and really busy.  There were so many kids, but I am really glad everyone could come and that McKenna had such a good time with all her friends.  It was really fun and it makes me happy that we were able to give her the first big friend party she has had.
Grandma and Grandpa stayed after the party and we went to Paddington's Pizza for dinner which was really yummy!  The kids had fun playing and they enjoyed the pizza.  After dinner we came back home and McKenna opened her presents from Grandma and Grandpa and from Travis and I.  She got an awesome pony and very own camera with a case that she can take lots of pictures with.  She was so excited about the gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Allen. She also got a really cute outfit from them as well. It was so fun to have them there to celebrate.
We gave her a scooter that she has been asking for since we first mentioned her birthday coming up and what she wanted.  She was very adamant about the scooter, and she loves it!  I think it is safe to say this birthday was a memorable one for her.
I love my little girl and am so pleased with the beautiful girl she is.  She brings my life so much joy and love, I really don't know what I would do without her. We love you Kenna!

1 comment:

Amy said...

97awww, happy birthday Kenna! Can't believe she's 5 already and starting school! haha, we sound like old ladies talking like this. ;)