Wednesday, July 18, 2012
4th of July
We had a really awesome and fun fourth of July. We were up at Travis parents for the week and so their neighborhood has a really cool tradition of getting together and doing a huge breakfast and a parade and fun booths and stuff so we went to it for the first time this year since having kids.
We had to wait in a pretty long line to get some breakfast, but it was worth the wait. Graysen was a little tired from waiting so he was resting on Grandpa.
The breakfast was really yummy, they had pancakes and muffins and Krispy Kreme doughnuts, fruit and cinnamon rolls. Lets just say I probably gained a few pounds from that breakfast alone.
Grandpa helped the kids earlier to decorate the wagon so they could walk in the parade. After breakfast we walked in the little parade around the neighborhood led by a fire engine which the kids thought was pretty cool. They liked being in the parade but were most excited for the fun stuff afterwards.
There were a bunch of bouncy houses and blow up slides that the kids went on that they really had fun with. The lines were so long though so we could only do each slide or bounce house just one time. They didn't mind though.
Before we left the kids of course wanted snow cones which kept them really happy for the nice walk back to Grandma and Grandpas.
They had everyone over for a big BBQ which was really fun and the food was really good. It was nice spending time with family and friends. Grandma and Grandpa got out some pop its and the kids had fun throwing them on the ground and stomping on them with their feet. They had a blast and could have done it for hours.
McKenna and Graysen were looking forward to the fireworks all day and so we went to the park to watch them and what does McKenna do? She falls asleep before they even start. I woke her up when they started though and she was so excited to see them. The look on her face was just pure joy and I loved just watching her face and see it light up with excitement and wonder each time a firework exploded in the sky. I enjoyed watching her more than the fireworks. Graysen was sitting with Grandma and kept saying " I like that one," but when the really big ones went off and made really loud sounds he changed his saying to "I don't like that one." It was fun to watch his face too because he just sits there with such a serious face because he is an observer and concentrates hard on things. I think he was trying to figure out how they worked and was enthralled with them. I am mad I didn't bring my camera, so no shots of fireworks this time.
We had a really nice time and the kids had such a fun day and were so worn out by the end of it they went straight to bed. They even surprised me and gave me a nice treat and let me sleep in till past 7am. I love the fourth of July and I love being an American. I am so glad I live in this country where we have the freedom to be who we are, believe what we want, and to do what we want to do. I feel very blessed to live in this land and to have so many wonderful things at my fingertips. This country is under God and of God and will always be no matter who tries to question it or try to take Him out of the equation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
i cannot tell you how much i love these pictures!
Post a Comment