Friday, June 22, 2012

Preschool Graduation





So I know it seems like people just want to celebrate so they make up any event to do so, but I am all for it when it involves my kids.  McKenna had her preschool graduation at the end of May and it was very bittersweet.
On one hand I am so excited she is learning and growing and moving onto a new stage in her life, but on the other hand I am sad she is growing up because it is going by way to fast.  Next thing I know she will be graduating from high school, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself so I need to just focus on the now.
We did a co op this year with 6 of us moms taking turns teaching each week.  It was both rewarding and challenging teaching these sweet and smart little kids.  It was really fun and I hope the kids had a good time. McKenna was the only girl which she didn't mind cause she loves doing boy things and watching spider man movies so she has her girly side and her tom boy side.  She would definitely be more excited if she was older though, that is for sure.
It was a fun little celebration.  We had them say their ABC's and the Pledge of Allegiance and count to 20 for everyone.  We told things about them that they have improved on this year and what they were good at, and We also gave them certificates and they made cute little hats earlier in the week for the graduation.  They   were all so cute and they had a lot of fun together.
Graysen was having fun just playing and observing everything.  He was so proud of big sister.

Dessert was served at the end and we just chatted while the kids played with each other.  It was nice to be able to wrap up a great year with the kids and to see how much they have grown and what they have learned   while they were in preschool.
  Kenna is so ready for Kindergarten to start though and asks me almost everyday if it is time for her to go to the big school yet. I can't believe she will be in Kindergarten, but I am so excited for her to be able to go to school and make new friends and be able to get out cause we both need it :) Her brother will miss having a play mate while she is gone though. They are such good little friends.

1 comment:

blim4evans said...

Love my little Kens!