So McKenna had her second dance recital this last weekend and did such a great job. The theme was "The time of our lives" and she danced to the song "Hello world" and "The hippie hippie shake."
She looked so adorable in her costume and she was such a doll dancing in front of everyone. I love being able to watch her dance, it brings me so much joy and I am so proud of the sweet little angel she is and the person she is becoming.
Travis and I switched off volunteering back stage so we could see her perform since they did it two nights in a row. Keeping a handful of 4 year olds entertained is not quite as easy as it seems, but they were really fun and so excited to dance. Graysen was a handful himself when he sat with me at the show, he wouldn't keep still and I had to go in and out. I gave in a let him have a pen to color with, needless to say it didn't end up on the paper, but at least he was entertained for a few minutes.
It was so much fun to be there with her and watch her dance, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. She got a cool trophy at the end which she was so happy about. She put it on her dresser so she can see it every day. We also got her some roses for after the performance and she was ecstatic to get those and immediately wanted to take them home and put them in water.
Both the kids were tuckered out by the time it was over. As you can see she didn't even want to take another picture. They passed out in the car both nights. At least it made for an easy bedtime :)
I hope that she still wants to continue to dance because I love watching her and she is so cute and good. She told me she wants to swim, but I hope I can get her to do both because I enjoy it so much. The theme was perfect though because we really are having the time of our lives and loving every minute of it.
Friday, June 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment