Ever since we have been married, we have had an artificial tree. It has been really great because it is not messy, I can put it up and take it town whenever I want and we don't have to go anywhere to get it.
Last year we really wanted to take the kids to get a real tree, but with Travis schedule with school and everything, it didn't work out. We decided that this year we would be sure to get a real one. We have so many tree farms around and lets face it, it isn't like it is freezing cold here in Oregon so I think we could survive going to get a tree.
It was actually a really fun experience and I don't think I would want to do an artificial tree anymore after this.
We drove around our area a little bit until we found a nice tree farm. We all filed out of the van and grabbed a saw and went to pick out the perfect tree. There was so many to choose from, and the kids were so excited to pick out one.
After a little while of searching and finding pretty good trees, Travis spotted the perfect tree. It really does seem like someone shines a light on it like in the movies with the music playing and all, so I totally get it now.
Travis cut it down and picked it up, lifted it over his head and carried it the whole way back to the car. The kids were really impressed, they have a dad with super human strength.
He tied it to the car and then we all had hot chocolate to warm ourselves up a little bit. It was a little cold outside, but nothing to complain about.
We got it home and the smell alone sold me on having a real tree. I don't mind the shedding of the needles, a vacuum solves that, and it just looks so pretty! I love it. It will be our new tradition.
We decorated it while listening to Christmas music and having treats. It was really fun, and my kids loved it so that is always a win when they enjoy it. I love Christmas!
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Such a fun memorable day getting a Christmas tree.
Post a Comment