Friday, July 16, 2010

Fun summer activities

Since Travis doesn't have to work this summer, we have been doing a lot of fun activities together which has been so nice. I am taking advantage of this because come the end of August I won't have a husband for a while.
We have been to the zoo a few times this summer. Once we went with Travis sister and her 3 kids, and then we went with them again but her husband came as well as grandma Allen and Auntie Lindsay.
McKenna loves the zoo and all the animals. We got to see the new baby elephant Zuri which was soo cute! I think her favorite animal though was the giraffe.


We experienced raw nature while we were at the zoo both times. The first time we went we were at the gorilla exhibit and the gorilla had just taken a dump and then picked it up and started eating it. It was pretty gross....and people think we evolved from them....hmm.
The kids got a kick out of it though so it was pretty funny. The second time we were there the giraffe's were outside and the male giraffe was drinking the female's urine to see if she was ready to mate....needless to say the kids got course 101 of the birds and the bees.
We had a lot of fun looking at the animals, but I think the kids favorite part was riding on the carasoul and eating ice cream.

I am so glad I get to enjoy fun special moments with my family, I love seeing the joy that McKenna gets from spending time with us and her cousins. She will be so sad when we move and don't get to see her cousins very often.

Travis and I took McKenna to Bridal Veil Falls the other day and we had a lot of fun playing in the water and climbing up the rocks to the waterfall. The water was freezing, but McKenna didn't seem to mind one bit. It was really beautiful!


We have also been doing a lot of swimming in the back yard in the little pool,
at Scera pool which is like a little water park, and at Auntie Lindsay and Uncle Brandon's apartment pool. It has been really fun swimming. McKenna loves swimming, it is her favorite thing and can practically swim on her own.

It has been a really fun summer so far despite being pregnant, and I am looking forward to a lot more fun the rest of the summer.

1 comment:

Nathan and Colette said...

Wow, mckenna is huge!! I can't believe how fast they grow. Only a few weeks for you left, wahoo!!