Wednesday, July 21, 2010

McKenna's 3rd Birthday


I cannot believe that my baby is three already! It seems like yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital, time flies by way too fast. McKenna has the cutest personality and is the sweetest little girl ever! She is always willing to help and has so much life and light that radiates from her. She truly is a joy to be around and I am so glad I have been able to be her mother for these pst 3 years.
She was a little tired since she woke up at 6:15am for some reason and only had an hour nap before I woke her up for the party, but her excitement weighed out for the most part.

For her birthday we decided to go to her favorite place which is Scera pool to go swimming. Auntie Abbey, Uncle Brandon, Aunt Melanie, Uncle Danny, and of course her cousins Taylor, Abby, and Alayna came to the water park with us. It was so much fun, and McKenna had a blast!

She is so funny cause she was a little awnry at first but as soon as I gave her something to eat she was totally happy after that. She is definately like her dad and gets really cranky when she doesn't eat enough.
After the waterpark, we went back to our house and played for a little bit while daddy went and got pizza. Travis' cousin Jen and her little boy Jackson came over and when Travis got back we all had pizza and pop and just hung out for a little bit.
We got McKenna a pinata that she picked out. It was a little kitty, she is obsessed with cats and I am not sure why because we don't even have one. After we ate we all went outside and the kids took turns hitting the pinata. It was really funny to see them do it. McKenna was kind of timid about hitting it which I surprised by, but she hit it a few times. It was really fun. Her cousin Taylor broke it, and they all scrambled to pick up the candy.....well the other kids did, McKenna just kind of sat down and started eating it instead.
Auntie Lindsay and Uncle Trevor came over when they got off work and we sang Happy Birthday to McKenna and had cupcakes. McKenna of course just ate the part with the frosting and threw the rest of the cupcake on the ground. After the cakes we opened presents.
McKenna got so many fun things, she difinately got spoiled this year! She got her two favorite movies, "Princess and the Frog" and "Nemo." Needless to say she wants to watch them all the time. She also got a lot of tinkerbell barbies and a tea set, a beach towel and toys, books, pajamas, cute clothes, a cute little kitty that she carries around everywhere, a potato head, ballons, a microphone, tinkerbell cards, tinkerbell cup.....in case you didn't know she also loves Tinkerbell, so she was very happy about all of her presents and loves playing with every single one.

She didn't quite get the concept that it was just her birthday at times because she tried to sing other people Happy Birthday and say it to them. It was so cute though because whenever someone would say Happy Birthday to her she was like "Oh Thanks!"
It was so much fun celebrating her birthday with our family and being able to see her joy and excitement. I am looking forward to many more birthdays with my girl and am so excited that I get to keep loving and watching every milestone and little things she does.
She definately gives my life meaning and makes every second of every day worth living. We love her so much and are so glad she is our little girl. Happy Birthday McKenna!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday, McKenna! She is such a cutie!

Amy said...

FUN! i just love her.

Nathan and Colette said...

I can't believe she's that old, Crazy how time flies!