McKenna made us so very pleased in making the decision to be baptized as a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I can't believe my little girl is now a little lady and has made such a huge decision in her life.
It was such a wonderful day and the spirit was so strong there. She looked so beautiful in her little white dress and her countenance was just radiating the love of God. She has been waiting for this day for a long time.
The amount of people that came to support her was overwhelming. So many people from the ward were there and my parents came all the way from Nauvoo to be here and Travis parents and brother and sister in law came down from North Plains. It was so wonderful to have everyone there with her.
We sang When I am baptized and then my mom gave a talk about baptism. McKenna was then baptized by Travis. When Travis was saying the prayer he got really emotional and it just melted my heart even more. Our baby girl has reached another big milestone in her life.
After the baptism McKenna got all dressed and ready and then came out and my dad and I sang "What heaven sees in you." I am so glad I made it through without crying. My dad sang this to me at our wedding and then I have been singing it to McKenna since she was a baby, so it holds a special place in our hearts. Grandma Allen then gave a talk about the holy ghost and Grandpa Allen gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was such a special thing to watch her receive that amazing gift that will help her throughout the rest of her life giving her guidance, comfort, warnings, testifying, and so much more.
The bishop said some closing remarks and then we sang "Baptism" for the close. It was such a wonderful day and I am so pleased with McKenna, she is my sweet little girl.
After the baptism we went back to our house and had a nice dinner and cookies for dessert and just chatted with each other. It was a very momentous occasion, and I hope she remembers it and the way she felt forever!
Friday, September 18, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Such a beautiful family. What a special day. Wish we could have been there!
Post a Comment