Sunday, September 13, 2015

It's great to be 8

My little girl turned 8 and I am not going to lie it hurt my heart a little bit.  I can't believe how grown up she is, not to mention that I don't feel old enough to have a child that age.  I love the fact that she is growing into a young lady, but it is also sad that she is getting older and not staying my little girl.
She is the best daughter I could have asked for. She is so loving and kind and is always willing to help me with anything that I need.  She loves her brothers so much and is so caring to them and plays with them and is so sweet.  My heart melts to see her with her brothers protecting them and loving them and watching out for them.  She is the best big sister ever.
She is doing gymnastics right now and is loving it and is getting so good at it.  She loves to dance and sing and ride her bike and swim.  She loves to read and her book of choice in anything about animals, in particular cheetahs.
She LOVES animals, she wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up and wants to work with wild animals.  Naturally she wanted to have a Cheetah party so that's what we did.
On her actual birthday it was a Sunday so I made her cinnamon rolls and we went to church and then made her chocolate chip pancakes for dinner and we had her open some presents.  We gave her a journal some earrings and a karaoke machine because she really likes to sing with microphones, I mean what girl doesn't right :)  She also got some money and a cute outfit from grandma and grandpa Marshall and she is so excited to be able to go to the store and pick out something that she wants.
The following Saturday she had a little party with her friends and grandma and grandpa Allen and Tyler and Melanie came down with their kids too.  We went to get air for an hour and then came back to our house for cake and ice cream, presents and a pinata.  She had to have a cheetah cake, but it was soo good!  I could've eaten the whole thing by myself...lol.
She got a lot of fun things from her friends and it was so fun to see her interact with all of them and have fun.
The pinata was of course a bit hit with everyone and it was funny to see them try to hit it and then scramble around to get all the candy when it broke.
I am so glad we could give her the birthday she wanted and I hope that she had a good time.
She has made the decision to be baptized and I am so proud of her and can't wait until we get to share that special day with her.  I am sure will be a mess.
We love her more than words can express and I am so blessed to be able to be her mother and get to raise her and have all this time with her.  I love making memories with her and I love the beautiful little lady she has become.




2 comments:

blim4evans said...

I miss that girl so much! I'm so proud of her!!

chris said...

She is so sweet. Glad she had a great 8 day.