Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Do you want to build a snowman?

It was so nice to finally have a snow day so we could get out and play, in fact there were like 3 in a row, we kind of had a snowpocalypse.    The kids had so much fun being out in the snow though and of course McKenna loved the fact that she didn't have to go to school.  It was kind of hard to go anywhere though since it was so icy and hard to drive in.
The first two days the kids just played out in the backyard and built a little snow man and used shovels and made snow angels and ate snow.  They had a blast.
On the last day, we tried to build a snowman, but the snow was really powdery and wouldn't pack that great so I gave up trying to build a big snowman and we just played and built a snow tower instead.  I haven't played out in the snow like that for a long time, and it was really fun.
The kids would've stayed out there forever, but they got cold and wet and so we went inside to have hot chocolate and get warm.
All in all we had lots of fun in the snow.  Next year we will have to invest in some sleds and go find a hill to go down since I don't think the kids have ever been sledding before.
It was really nice and peaceful to sit on the couch and just stare out the window watching the snow fall and blanket the ground with beautiful white snowflakes.  There is something so calming and serene about doing that and not to mention beautiful!
Once the snow was gone I will have to admit I was glad.  We played in it and it was fun, but I was happy to see it go.  I don't like snow for extended periods of time. A couple days is good enough for me.




No comments: