Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First grade and preschool

Well a new school year has begun.  I can't believe McKenna is in 1st grade.  She was so excited to go back to school, and frankly so was I :) We got to meet her teacher at back to school night and her name is Mrs. Tuttle.  I have heard good things about her and she seems to be really nice so I am glad that she has her.  It was fun that her Aunties got to be there on her first day of school.  Auntie Lindsay did her hair so pretty and McKenna picked out her outfit the night before.  Graysen of course had to be with her when we took her to school and even to walk her inside.  She just went right in and acted like she had been doing this forever.  I must say though the thing she was most excited about was to be able to take a lunch to school. I will definitely miss her since she is gone all day.

 Graysen is in preschool for the first time and he was so excited to be going to school just like McKenna.  He loved that he got to take his backpack to school and be all grown up.  He didn't fare so well when I dropped him off though.  He didn't want me to leave, but we negotiated and I was finally able to sneak out and he did great.  My little boy is getting so big.  He only goes once a week which is good because I would miss him too much if it was more.

 I love my kids and am so excited to see what they will do this school year.

No comments: