Saturday, February 16, 2013

It's that time of the year again

We have developed a yearly tradition of going to see Santa and the Riverfront Carousel.  It is really fun to be able to do this with the kids each year.  They love it, and I must say the Santa there is pretty close to looking like the real deal as you can get.
We went with some friends this year, and it was really fun.  I was a little worried that the kids would freak out while sitting on Santa's lap, but suprisingly they both did really well and smiled big for me and even talked to Santa and told him what they wanted.  Score for getting both kids to cooperate and actually like Santa instead of crying. 
We took pictures with Santa and then they got to ride the carousel a couple of times.  Graysen doesn't like the horses that go up and down, so we had to find one that was stationary so that he would ride it and have fun. 
I love seeing the joy on their faces when we get to do fun things like this.  It makes all the trials and tough things that come with parenting so worth it, and actually get a precious moment you can feel like you are doing something right.
We talked with them after though about what Christmas is really all about.  It is nice and fun that we can see Santa and get presents, but we need to remember the true meaning of Christmas and they knew that it was to remember the Saviour and to celebrate his birth.  I am glad that through all the worldly things that they know what is really important and I hope it sticks with them.




No comments: