We drove down and had a nice picnic lunch and played with the football and baseball bat a little bit, the kids were loving it and we hadn't even gotten to the best part yet.
McKenna was really excited to go hiking since she hasn't really been that often. We started down the trail and saw the beautiful falls.
This was when we were behind the waterfalls. McKenna and Graysen loved the waterfall and were sold on Grandma's idea that it was a Giant's way of taking a shower.
They explored the little caves that were behind the waterfall and McKenna bumped her head on one of the jagged rocks upon exploring which was not so much fun.
They both did really well hiking though and exploring. When we were about to go back up McKenna asks "I thought we were going to go hiking," and I said to her we are, this is what hiking is and she just kind of looked at me like no one said I was going to have to walk up hill this far. She was a trooper though and made it all the way to the top. Graysen had to be carried for the most part, but he was still really good.
It was nice to go back there again, and it was just as beautiful as I remember it being.
We played with bubbles back at the top and then the kids played in the cold water for a little bit before we headed home. It was a really fun day and we are so glad we got to do something fun and memorable to end the summer with. The only thing that would have made it better was if Travis was there. I love my family and love spending time with them.





1 comment:
that place is beautiful! glad you were able to take the kids there. :)
Post a Comment