Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kindergarten

All summer long all I have heard is "do I get to go to school yet, when is my school, I can't wait to go to school." Finally, the epic day came and McKenna got to start Kindergarten.
She was so excited to go to school and had a hard time waiting until 1pm to go. I made her one of her favorite breakfasts, chocolate chip pancakes, which she downed in like a minute.
She picked out her outfit to wear and all the accessories to go with it.  We had also gone to the store the day before and she picked out her very own lip gloss and body spray which she was over the moon about.  She had to put those on of course to complete her look. We also painted her nails the night before because she had look pretty she said.
What other kind of backpack would she have other than Hello Kitty.  She was wearing it around all morning until it was time for school.
We got to the school, and of course I had to take some pictures of her out front and it was nice because she had a few church friends there that are in her class so that was fun to see them all.  Graysen was all happy too cause I think he thought he was going to get to stay at school as well.  He wanted to have his Elmo backpack too so he could go to school with Kenna.
Graysen and I dropped McKenna off to her classroom and got her settled and then we headed out while she plopped herself down and just started playing.  She didn't even look at me when she said bye.....kinda sad.
I have been looking forward to her starting school because she just gets so bored with me and I needed a break, but now that she is at school I miss her.  When we got in the car Graysen started crying and said he wanted to stay and I told him sister was going to school and we had to go home.  He cried even harder and said " I want sister." It was so sweet, he really loves his big sister.
When I picked her up she was all smiles and said she had so much fun.  She couldn't for the life of her tell me anything she actually did other than play, but hey at least she is happy.
It is hard not to wonder if all the things you taught them is sticking with them.  We talked about being kind to everyone around and if there is someone who doesn't have a friend, that we should talk to them and invite them to play. We stressed the importance of listening and being a good example to everyone, and one thing I know McKenna knows how to do is help, so of course we talked about that.  I really hope that she remembers those things when it really matters, but I take comfort and trust that the Lord and angels will be there with her guiding her and watching over her when I am not there and helping her to make the right decisions.  I just hope and pray that I have taught her the correct principals and that now she can put them to use. 
I love my little Kindergartner and am so proud of the beautiful young lady she is growing up to be.

4 comments:

JS said...

I can't believe we have 5 year olds, but so happy for them to feel so big and responsible enough to go to school. :)

blim4evans said...

Love my Kens...it is so scary to send them out to the world, I know you have done an amazing job raising her!

Nathan and Colette said...

So fun, Lilly loved going to school too!! Its kind of nice though having a little break!

Amy said...

what a sweet heart. i'm glad she is enjoying school so much!