Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa Clause and Carousals

We took the kids to see Santa clause on Saturday night at the Riverfront Park by our house. Last year McKenna cried and wouldn't take a picture with him so this year she kept telling me "mom I am not afraid, I will sit on Santa's lap so I can tell him what I want for Christmas. I won't cry." It was so cute.
True to her word, we got there and she went and sat by Santa and told him what she wants for Christmas. She said she wanted a barbie house with lots of barbies and a table and chairs. Graysen actually sat on his lap too but didn't really have an expression just a blank face. I think Santa knew what he wanted though without having to be told.
Santa gave them each a bell which they continued to shake for the rest of the night, and in McKenna's case swing it around so it almost hits everyone....good thing she was a good sport about putting it and keeping it in her pocket the rest of the time.
We got to ride on the carousal with the kids which was really fun. The kids absolutely loved it, McKenna was the very essence of pure joy and Graysen had fun even though he was holding onto the pole for dear life. They were so sweet and I am so glad we could create these special memories with them.

I love my family and am so grateful I get to spend time doing little fun things like this and see the happiness that it brings to all of us. I am grateful for the Christmas season and for the special spirit that is everywhere. What a wonderful time to celebrate the birth of our Savior and to create traditions that will last a lifetime.

2 comments:

blim4evans said...

You have the most beautiful family in the world I love you SO much and miss you more than I can even say! I hope you all are feeling better.

JS said...

There is a Santa at riverfront park? I need to know these things...;) glad you had a good Christmas! Sorry about the flu!