We got to Travis parents house on Wednesday and spent the week with them. We had lots of fun and the kids loved going to Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Friday we went to the park which started the lovely string of events. Graysen got sick in the car on the way back and lost it, so grandma said she would stay home with him while we went with grandpa and Aunty Mel to John's Incredible pizza. It was actually really fun and McKenna had a blast! She got to play lots of games and go on some fun rides and we got to eat good food and as much of it as we wanted. We wish Grandma and Graysen could have been with us though, and Uncle Tyler.
Saturday we had fun hanging out but Graysen still wasn't feeling too hot so we didn't do much. Grandma and Kenna and Graysen made some cookies to leave on Santa's plate, so that was really fun and the kids loved it of course.
Kenna put out cookies for Santa and an apple for ther reindeer and left Santa a very nice letter saying "thanks for bringing me and Graysen presents. We made you some cookies, we hope you like them." She was so excited.
Since church was at 9:30 in the morning, we decided to wait to open presents until after church which was pure torture for McKenna. She woke up so excited and just wanted to open presents so bad.
After church Kenna came home and was ready to open presents, but we still had to have breakfast and all that good jazz.
Finally after breakfast and everyone was ready, we got to open presents. Kenna was so funny this year. She would just zip through all the presents wanting to open one right after the other. She must have had a lot of built up excitement or something.
She was very happy about her presents and I wish Graysen was feeling better because he didn't really want to open any presents and wasn't too into anything except the first thing we opened for him.
We got a lot of really nice things and I am so glad that we were able to have such a nice Christmas. Right after we opened presents McKenna said "mom I think I am going to throw up like Graysen did" and sure enough she lost it on the floor. Grandma and Graysen were out, Kenna was out, Aunty Mel was out, and then low and behold I get it that night as well. It was not a fun experience. Travis was so good though and took care of the kids and me. He was a real trooper. The next day we felt a little better but Kenna was still having a hard time keeping anything down.
We finally took her to the ER the next day because she was so dehydrated. She felt so much better after that.
I hate it when I get sick, but the worse is when the kids are sick. It makes me so sad. Traivs dad got sick the next day too, so Travis was the only fortunate one to escape the full on sickness. He was our super hero for a couple of days and we are so grateful.

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone. It comes quicker every year. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father gave us such a special gift on Christmas, his son Jesus Christ and that we are able to worship him and celebrate him. I hope that I can always have the spirit of Christmas with me throughout the year and I am grateful for the church who teaches us to have Christ at the center of everything we do and not just remember him at Christmas time.





1 comment:
all that throwing up! so sad. glad you were able to get some fun in between the illness. love you and miss you all!
Post a Comment