We carved and decorated pupmkins Friday night which was a lot of fun!
Daddy couldn't be with us unfortunately, but we made the most of it. McKenna told me how she wanted her pumpkin carved, and she decorated Graysen's by coloring it with markers, and she put stickers on hers too. Graysen happily looked on as we did the activity. He always has to see what is going on.
We also went to a little playgroup where the kids wore their costumes and had yummy treats and played with goo that was made by one of the fabulous moms. They had a lot of fun. Even though McKenna is one of the only girls in the play group, she loves loves loves the boys! In fact she loves them a little too much. She kisses all the boys, but there is one boy in particular named Randy whom she likes to especially hug and kiss. Their nursery leader told us they are always hugging and kissing each other. Everyone always jokes about them, it is quite funny. We had fun though and it was nice to spend time with friends!
On Saturday, Grandma and Grandpa came down and we spent the afternoon with them playing and having fun. We then went to our ward Halloween party which was really fun! There was food and desserts, needless to say I only had a little dinner so I could eat more desserts and candy, I know real good right? There was this really yummy dessert there that was this peanut butter white chocolate yummy goodness. I am not sure how they made it, but it was soooo good!
After we ate we went around to the classrooms where they had a bunch of different activities.
There was like 16 different things to do which was so fun for the kids. McKenna didn't get around to all of them, but she did get to go miniature golfing, glow in the dark bowling, musical chairs, a cake walk, pin the wart on the witch, go through a haunted house, and doughnut on a string. She was so excited to do all the things except the haunted house because there was a tunnel that was dark and she didn't want to crawl through it. I would have gone with her, but I couldn't fit in it...haha. She got candy at each station, so she was trying to sneak it while I wasn't looking, and since she managed too I let her eat a few pieces despite the fact she had already exceeded her quota for the night. It was nice to have Travis parents there to help out with Graysen while I took McKenna around and just to have their company and see how much fun McKenna was having.
We went home afterwards and played for a while before hitting the sack. It was a fun halloween weekend though! I love spending the holidays with my family, and kids make it 10 times more fun!
g





1 comment:
Being a parent means all the holidays are more fun since we get to make our kids happy!
Post a Comment