Saturday, November 28, 2009

I am going crazy, and McKenna is driving me there

sometime way too early in the morning for me to be coherent: (door to my bedroom flies open) "mommy"(crying) (McKenna stumbles over everything in my room to get to my side of the bed and throws her bunny,frog and two blankets on me and climbs onto the bed.) I lay her down in the middle of us and cover her up and try to go back to sleep. about 5 min later I have hands slapping me in the face and a hand turning my face to be right next to hers so I can feel her breathing on me. She falls asleep and I think "yes I can go to sleep now".....snoring begins and more hands hitting me in the face. I return McKenna to her bed and 10 min later the process starts over again so I lay there and drift in and out of sleep.
7am rolls around: "mom!" "watch a movie mom!" (Kenna slips off the bed and climbs up on the desk to get a movie.) meanwhile I groan and tell McKenna to come lay down for a few more minutes...."c'mon mom,watch princess kay?" (she comes and takes my fingers and pulls me out of bed.) Already I am starting the day off tired.
I lay on the couch with her thinking I can get a little sleep while she watches the movie, but 5 min later...."i hungy mom" I think I can just give her some cereal but no..."pancakes mom"
The rest of the day is me saying a lot of "stop that, get down, stay out of that, I told you not to play with that, do you want to go to timeout, 1..2..3...okay timeout! clean up your toys please, put that back, do you want to go in your room, please stop whining, why did you take your diaper off, don't throw things, don't say that word its not nice, stay by mommy please, don't jump on the couch, we dont play with the toilet paper, (at the store) sit down please... Kenna sit down please...if you dont stay sitting down you won't get a treat,Kenna you need to eat a few bites of this or (filled in with some type of threat such as you wont get a treat or watch a movie), don't throw food on the floor, leave your bib on please or you will get your clothes dirty, Mckenna that is not a toy...you get the point.
I try to get a little cleaning done among other things but McKenna says a lot of "play blocks mom, watch a movie mom, I hungy mom(about 20 times a day), stop it mom, i dont want mom, listen moosic, mommy, c'mon mom, play toys mom, color k, sutup mom (thanks all the children's movies that say that), park okay, sing song, chockit (chocolate)pease,no, mom!...mom!....mom!
I really cant do anything with out her getting into mischief so that is my day basically playing with her and following her around to keep her out of things. It is a wonder I actually get anything done. As soon as Travis is home I say I am done.
Two is definately a challenging age, but even though these things drive me crazy sometimes, I cant help but love them, laugh at them and think they are adorable!
She really is so sweet, it is just that by the end of the week I feel like I am going to lose my mind.

6 comments:

The Stells! said...

lol she sounds like she is getting so big! lol she is like Jackie....Jackie sleeps with 4 stuffed animals a sippy cup and a blanket all of which she brings to us in the mornging and sometimes her pillow lol

Amy said...

just wait until you get to say all those things but to 2 kids....day after day. ;) it honestly is the best thing in the world though, being a mother. can't top it.

Angie said...

Maybe you guys should go back to using a crib! Just kidding! I'm sorry for the lack of sleep, but she does sound pretty darn adorable. My days consist of playing with Jack while attempting to get some work done, usually only getting done a tenth of what I would like to get done. I guess that's just life with young kids. Just wait until all our kids are in school! Ah, can you imagine?

blim4evans said...

oh erin, she is a crazy kid. MY offer is still on the table. I would love to watch her and take her to the park up here one day. she is growing up so fast

Danielle said...

AMEN! hahaha...what you say all day long is pretty similar to what I say. Yeah, we keep Ethan's door shut with a child lock on it so he can't come out of his room until 7 when we go get him. but the rest of the day, well, its me nagging at him to stop doing something. lol. GOOD LUCK!

The Packards said...

you know what makes the day so bad is being tired! I have the worst day with Lexi when she is up half the night which equals me tired, and grumpy, and annoyed! But your'e right though, most days are great, and very worth it!