My parents and sister are officially moving to Nauvoo. My dad got offered the position of recorder at the Nauvoo temple and they will be moving after Abbey's wedding. I have mixed feelings about it though, so bare with me while I vent.
I will be so sad just because they are only four hours away and my mom and sister come down to Utah quite often so I get to see them a lot, not to mention I make many trips down there as well. It will be so hard to not have them so close anymore. It is like a two day drive to get to them now, and who has the time or money to do that? With Travis getting ready to go to law school, we sure don't.
I really wanted to go to Idaho for Christmas to spend it with my fam, but now we have to stay in Utah, and will probably be by ourselves for Christmas. I guess it won't be that bad, but it will be the first Christmas in four years that we haven't been with one of our families for Christmas.
It is exciting for them though because after all it is Nauvoo and there is so much history and things to see there, so we will just have to visit there in order to see everything. I went there a long time ago, but I have never seen the temple so that would be really neat.
I think it will be a good change for them, and they will be closer to my brother and his family. Even more of a reason to go and visit so we can see more than just my parents.
Well, anyway, I am glad they are the ones that have to deal with the himidity and the bugs, and not me.....not so much fun.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Hi Rin! Des is having a girl :) so exciting huh?? I am really excited for you fam to move...but it is crazy!!! At least you will have Brandon and Lindsay and Trevor and Abbey still right? Love you, can't wait to see you guys!
Well, at least it some place interesting, right?? But that does stink to be so far away from your family. Hope your doing good!
yes, the bugs and humidity are annoying sometimes but at least it's a gorgeous place to live. :) we're excited for you to come visit too! who knows, law school=midwest?
Post a Comment