Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My little fish

McKenna absolutely loves the water. We went to Scera pool in Orem which is this really fun water park that has a kids area as well as an adult area. We went on Memorial day with Brandon and Lindsay which was really fun.
We decided to get some floaties for her because she kind of likes to try and swim by herself and gets mad when I hold her, but the floaties weren't working so well. I was really mad because I thought they were supposed to work and I really wanted her to be able to float.
Anyway she still had fun but got really tired and cranky at the end. We went again yesterday with my mom and dad and Kenna's cousins Keara and Gwen, and Auntie Lindsay. This time was so much better than the other day. I got her different floaties and they actually worked. She can float and swim by herself for the most part. She is so funny, she just kicks her legs and kind of bobs around in the water. She is fearless. She will jump in the water to me from the ledge dunking her whole head in without a care. She will just start running into the water and plop right down in it or try to take off swimming without me right next to her which is actually kind of scary because she doesn't wait for me.
We took her down the big twirlie slide and she loved it! As soon as we got down it she would say "anain". When it was time to go she didnt want to leave, she wanted to stay and swim. I think she was born the wrong species because she loves the water more than the land.
I will be making plenty more trips to the water park this summer because we can't get enough of it. I won't be surprised if she develops fins in the process.

No comments: