This could be all in my head, but you will have to let me know what you think. I swear that the new managers that took over for us in our apartment complex have it in for us for some reason.
There have been several things that have led me to this conclusion, so I will just start at the beginning. Hold on folks this is going to be a crazy story.
So when we found out the new managers were taking over for us, they had said that they sold their contract for their place starting May 1 because they wanted them to have a full month, which is cool I understand. We thought then we had until the first to be out, but I told them that we would probably be out the Wednesday before the 1st which was the 30th of April. I didnt say it was for sure (important fact for later), I just thought that is when we would have liked to be out of there.
Anyway, our new apartment is managed by the same company that owns the complex we were currently managing, and there was some stuff that needed to be done first before we could move in. They had to get new counter tops and new doors and a new fridge and stove.
Travis mainly had to do most of the work himself, but the counters were supposed to be done by someone else and the fridge and stove were ordered through the company as well. Come Saturday when we wanted to move into our new place, they didnt have the fridge in or the counter tops done so there was no running water. Naturally we couldnt move in because it wasnt done. The new managers were training that Monday with me and asked me when we thought we would be out and I said I wasnt sure but hopefully Wed but we were just waiting for them to get our apartment done.
When they had left, Travis told me that they werent going to be able to have the apartment done until Tuesday or Wednesday so I texted the new manager and told her I didnt think we would be out by Wednesday since they didnt have the apartment done.
The new managers go and call the owners and tell them that we arent going to be out by Wed and that they told the new people moving into their apartment that they could move in Wed morning...why, I dont know since they told us the contract didnt start until the 1st, and Wed was the 30th.
The owner calls Travis and was getting mad at him saying they needed to move in because they were going to be homeless since they had to be out Wed. and that Travis didnt need to have the stuff in the apartment done it was optional, therefore his fault if it wasnt done and that we could move in there. Travis tried to tell her that her brother was the one who wanted him to do the stuff and that we werent going to move into it without all that stuff being done because we would have lived somewhere else if they werent going to do it. We arent going to live in a crappy apartment, sorry.
Anyway, we had to be out Thursday (spent all night and all day packing). They showed up Thursday and we were just a couple of hours from being done and they were just coming into the house and leaving the door open so McKenna was trying to get out and I was trying to pack but had to keep running after her. I told them we would be done soon, but they just started unpakcking stuff and moving in. I was thinking cant you just wait my gosh. Anyway, long story short they were like kicking us out and moving in. The funny thing is that they told the owner they would be homeless but his parents live really close and they couldve stayed with them. I found out after though that her parents had come in the night before so I assumed that is why they wanted to move in asap so that her family could stay with them.
That is just the beginning. since then, they have been kind of rude to us for who knows why. We werent able to get all of our stuff out of the garage because they pratically kicked us out and we didn't have time to do it because of the whole mess. Anyway, we went to Hawaii the next day for a week, so as soon as we got back they were like you have to come get your stuff out today and blah blah blah. Travis had to go work all night to get all the stuff out, it was really sad.
Finally I thought I was rid of them and their rudeness, but my sister manages a complex with the same company that we did and they had a manager meeting where the new manager of thecompelex was there too. The owner's were saying that they had to have all maintenance done within 72 hours of someone submitting a request.
The new manager then has the audacity to say that Travis was really lax the last week and really didnt do anything so they were behind on maintenance because of him. Mind you, they have been the managers for a month already. Travis works his butt off and I was so shocked that she was blaming him for it. The cherry on top though is that her husband is supposed to do the maintenance and he was texting Travis all the time asking him how to do all this maintenance stuff because he did't know how to do it. That is probably why they were behind, but they just blame it on Travis, cool.
The last thing doesnt have to do with us directly but with my sister who lives in their complex. I assigned my sister a parking spot because we were the managers when she still lived there and so I wrote down her spot and everything on this excel sheet on the computer where all the names of the tenants are there who have parking spots and what number etc. I told the new manager about it in training and that she just needed to imput the new names that I wrote on a sheet to that spread sheet.
Someone had parked in my sisters spot and so she wrote them a note saying that it was her spot and that if they didn't move she would have them towed. They didnt move the next day so she called the towing company and they came. Come to find out, the new manager assigned this kid my sisters parking spot as well, so the towing company wasn't going to tow him because he went and talked to the managers and they had proof saying it was his spot or something.
My sister called the manager and told her that I assigned her that spot and that she has been parking there for a whole month. The manager said well the spread sheet that Erin did didnt transfer over, and my sister was like what does that mean, they got lost? She said yes and then said they only give spots to people in the condos not the apartments (she lives in the apt.) so sorry. The towing company tried then to go after my sister to make her pay for the tow since it wasnt her spot. The manager told the towing company that it wasnt her spot and that they could make her pay for it. It is 121 by the way.
The funny thing is that the manger called me the day after she took over and asked me where the spread sheet was cause she couldnt find it and so I told her where it was and then she said 'okay I found it, thanks," but she told my sister that it didn't transfer over which makes no sense. Also, if there are extra spots we can give them to people in the apartments, I did that the whole 2 years I was there.
I dont know about you, but any manager in a situation like that would not act like that, they would be proffesional and say it looks like there was a mix up since the sheet got lost and would have fixed the problem so no one had to pay, but was instead rude to my sister and practically blamed her for the situation.
There are other things dealing with my sister that I won't mention but I am like come on what is your deal?
K, so if I am just being paranoid, let me know, but I think they have something against us and I have no idea what we did. It makes me so frustrated! That is my sob story for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Whats their deal? I think you have a right to be upset. It just seems super weird that they can't get things straight. I hope that is the last you hear from them! I totally understand how you feel and not wanting Travis to be blamed for anything. Thats totally not right.
ugggh! that totally sucks that you're having to deal with such difficult and rude people! hang in there and if you need me to fly down to provo and whack them with my purse or something, i might be able to arrange something! ;)
Sounds like a whole lot of craziness going on there. Some people are just difficult to deal with, huh? At least you're done them.
And you thought you were done with all the stupid managing crap! Dang it Im sorry Erin. The new manager sure sounds like a sweetheart...hopefully they will get whats comin to them!
Post a Comment