Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quick update

I have been going crazy these last couple of weeks because of all the stuff I have had to do. I am doing checkouts this week and I am so stressed out. On top of that I need to clean my house and start packing to move and do all the closing stuff for YW since I am getting released on Sunday (I hope...they have been saying they would release me for like 3 weeks now). I am trying to play with McKenna as much as possible, but with all the stuff I have to do I feel bad that I don't get to spend as much time with her as I would like. She is probably thinking "I want my mommy back." If I am on edge to anyone who talks to me, forgive me because I just have a lot going on and am really stressed out, so don't take it personal.
Besides that though, everything is good. McKenna is so stinkin cute, I can't stand it. She does the funniest things now. Whenever I change her diaper and she is stinky, she crinkles up her nose and says "dew dinty" or translation "eew, stinky." She loves singing action songs, so whenever she wants to sing them like the itsy bitsy spider, she will put her fingers together and try to do the action of the spider and she says bitsy bitty bider." I also sing her this bunny song and she always puts her hand up to her eyes on the part where it says a "little old man by the window stood." It cracks me up to watch her.
She can pretty much see anyone's picture that she knows and be able to tell you who it is. She also tries to dress herself and it is hilarious because she puts her shirt on top of her head and her pants she only gets on half way and tries to button them herself.
She loves dancing, give her some music and she will start twirling or bouncing up and down. I want to put her in dance eventually.
Pretty much everything she sees like makeup or cute clothes or hair clips she calls pretties. She says "pretty, yeah?" whenever she wants me to put something on her like lip gloss or do her hair.
She has the highest metabolism I have ever seen in a toddler (everyone who is around her a lot knows what I mean) This kid seriously goes about 3 times or more in a day.
She will never sit still and is always getting into something, but we love her to death, and she is such a joy to be around. Her smile can light up the whole room.
We are just counting down the days until we are done managing (1 more week), and are getting ready to move into our new apartment. Travis graduates this Friday, so we are looking forward to having our family here for that.
Anyways, just thought I would share those things with you.

2 comments:

The Stells! said...

YAY for graduation!!! The get big so fast!!! Mckenna is a cutie! !

Sander said...

Congratulations Travis!! I wish we could be there but we will see you guys in a couple weeks (I hope).