So we found out what the baby was going to be, and boy was I surprised. I went to the ultra sound appointment by myself since Travis had school. My mother in law was kind enough to come down and watch the kids for me while I went. Since the kids were really excited to find out what we were having, and the fact that Travis couldn't be with me, I decided to wait to find out what we were having until Travis got home from school. I had the ultra sound technician put it in an envelope for me so I couldn't see it.
I gave it to Travis mom when I got home and she made a cake and put the corresponding color of what the gender was in the middle so we would find out when we cut into it.
When Travis got home the kids were so excited to cut the cake so we gathered around the table and Travis and McKenna cut into the cake. When they pulled out the knife, there was blue frosting on the knife revealing that "it's a boy!" I was actually kind of shocked because I thought it was going to be a girl, so did Travis. Graysen was really excited because that is what he wanted, but McKenna was very dissapointed. It was so sad because she just put her head down and cried saying she wanted a baby sister. She had her heart set on it being a girl and I just felt so bad. I think I convinced her that being the only girl had it's up side, so she seemed to be in good spirits after that.
I am so excited to have another little boy though, even though I never would have pictured myself with two boys. It is nice that I will have two boys next to each other too, so we are all excited here.
Now all that it is left is to decide on a name.
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Can't wait to see baby boy!
Post a Comment