So this Easter was really fun this year since Graysen is older and know's what is going on and can really get into it. We dyed Easter eggs earlier in the week which the kids thought was the coolest thing. They had these roller things that looked like the paint rollers with paint and they got to decorate their eggs with them. It was fun to see how they colored them all. We had a movie night after and watched "The Rise of the Guardian's" after which is such a cute movie.
Easter Sunday the kids woke up and looked for their baskets that were hidden. When they found them it was so fun to see their faces as they looked through all the loot they received. They would take everything out, put it back in and then take it out and look at it over and over again. They were just so cute!
I got them all ready for church in their new Easter Outfits and then we headed to church where I actually got to speak. It was a nice service though and it is good to be able to remember our Savior despite all the fun things that accompany this holiday.
We went over to our good friends house for a delicious steak dinner with the missionaries too. It was fun to be with other people on Easter instead of just by ourselves. One of the missionaries had a bunny outfit and put it on to surprise the kids with in the backyard. We hid Easter eggs all over the yard and he was there to show them what he brought for them.
It was the funniest thing. As you can see from pictures the Easter bunny was kind of creepy....his eyes were lopsided and he had lost his tail. Graysen took one look at him and was like "I am scared mom, I want you" and he had me hold him the entire time the bunny was there. Bailey who is only about 20 months was really scared of the bunny too so they didn't want to get down and look for eggs. McKenna thought the Easter bunny was so cool and her and her little friend Tucker went all around the yard picking up eggs. The Easter bunny left and Graysen finally got down to get some eggs. I felt bad he was scared, but the Easter bunny was just so funny...good times.
It was fun seeing them get all the eggs though and have a good time. Graysen was really scared of the Easter bunny last year too, and I don't blame him. I think I might have scarred him for life as far as the Easter bunny is concerned...looking on the bright side I can always tell Graysen if he is acting up that the Easter bunny will come see him, that might whip him into shape :)
We had a fun time and I am glad that we were able to still remember our Savior and that he was resurrected so that we could live again. I try to instill in my children that even though there are lots of fun things to do around these Holidays, that we have to remember the most important thing, and that is Christ. I hope it sticks with them. I am so excited that we will be able to be Resurrected so that I can be with my family forever.
Friday, April 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
Oh I miss you all SO SO much!!!! I just can't wait to see you!!!
What a great Easter. Wish we could be there more to see the kids growing up. They are getting so big. Can't wait to see them.
Love all the cute pics of them.
Post a Comment