Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So I skipped a few months

Well Graysen is now 5-1/2 months which I can't beleive! He is growing so fast! At his 4 month checkup he was 16lbs. and 25 inches long. He seems like he has grown since then so we shall see what his stats are next month :)
There have definately been a lot of milestones for Graysen these last 2 months. He can now roll over from his back to his tummy, but can't get back so he tries to scrunch up his feet to try and move but he doesn't get anywhere and so gets frustrated. He really wants to be on the move, so I am sure it won't be long before he can scoot around on the floor.
He can sit up with support, and even by himself for just a little bit before he falls over. Once he can sit up fully it will be a whole new world for him.
He is still as smiley as ever and the biggest flirt! If there is a girl who smiles or talks or even looks at him he turns on the charm. He is such a happy boy and it makes my life so much easier!

Speaking of easier, he has started sleeping better too these last couple of weeks and I feel like a new woman! He slept through the night for the first time ever a few weeks ago and now he just wakes up once at night and it is usually at 4am. Both the kids usually sleep in until 8 so I get a lot more sleep.
Graysen has really started to find his voice and likes to scream and talk in a high pitch voice, it is so cute! He is so fun, I really like this age. He definately is a momma's boy though and I love it!
He does this really cute thing where he will grab your face with both hands and pull you to his mouth and give you nice big slobbery kisses. It is too cute! Not only do I get slimed, I also get gouged by his nails, it is great. He is probably just trying to eat me, but I like to think he is giving me kisses.

McKenna is still such a great big sister and is pretty much a second mom. She likes to tell him to do things, or not to do things and I have to keep reminding her that he doesn't know what the heck she is talking about. She loves to hold him and keep him entertained which helps me out a lot when I am trying to get something done. Of course I can't really leave her alone with him because she inevitably does something to make him cry.
He is the most drooliest baby though, his clothes are always soaked so I had to start putting bibs on him all the time. I think he might be teething, but they probably won't come in for a bit still.
He had his first taste of cereal about a month ago, and absolutely loves it! He kept wanting more, it was so funny. I don't think he will have any problems with starting solids in a few weeks.

Well, that about sums up the last couple months, and it has been so fun! He is such a fun and cute little boy and i can't get enough of him. We got his pictures done at 4 months and it is amazing how much he has changed from when he was born. I can't wait to see what the next few months will bring.

5 comments:

blim4evans said...

I just love him!

Nathan and Colette said...

such a cute family photo!

Amy said...

i love his eyes in that last picture! those kids are just adorable! :)

Angie said...

I'm glad to hear he is sleeping well for you. I know I always feel like I am DYING when the kids don't sleep well. It's amazing what a difference sleep makes in your life. We really want to meet Graysen soon!

chris said...

Graysen can light up an entire room with his smile. What a happy little person he is. I miss him and Mckenna so much.