Thursday, July 2, 2009

Don't jinx yourself

So I just jinxed myself because I was saying the other day that I have never been in an accident or gotten pulled over. To my great surprise one of those happened today.
I was on my way to pick up Travis from work, and I was going down a pretty busy road. This dumb van pulls out to try to get into the turning lane, but there were so many cars that they could't get into it so they were sticking out in my lane. I just switched lanes so no one was in that lane and thought I was good. There was a street to the right of me where cars were turning or going straight, and just as I was coming up to and and about to pass it, I saw this car about to turn and it didn't look like it was going to stop. I was going to get into the other lane but that dumb van was there, so I just had to brace myself and take the hit.
The car didn't really even stop and just ran into the side of me. It completely popped the back tire and put two pretty big dents in the door of our van. I had to pull over on this busy street.
It wouldn't have been so bad, but I had no makeup on and was in just a tshirt and shorts, so I looked like trash and all these cars were going by staring at me, it was a little embarrasing. The guy who hit me was an old guy and his car was more damaged then mine, but it looked like it was my fault since the cars driving by couldn't see the side on my car that got hit, only the old man's, and I looked like I was like 17 or something.
I didn't know what to do, so I called Travis and he said he would be there as soon as he could. I got the guys information and everything, and thankfully he admitted he was at fault so I won't have any problems there.
We had a tow truck come get the van, and Lindsay and Brandon gave us a ride home thankfully, thanks guys!
It was kind of scary, but I am glad it wasn't worse than it was considering I had McKenna in the car with me. I am actually glad I had a van otherwise the damage would be a lot more than it was.
Two lessons I learned from this, first, never say never, and second, I am not going to go somewhere unless I look somewhat decent.

6 comments:

blim4evans said...

you looked fine to me!!!

Amy said...

hey, and i got pulled over this week for not having a license plate on the front of our car! iowa law i guess, who knew?! and i didn't have my license with me (which i ALWAYS do) and the insurance card, even though we have insurance/registration. stupid. i think it's my fault these things happened, i started it for the marshall girls this week. i apologize.

Amy said...

oh by the way, i'm glad you and kenna are safe!

The Packards said...

Oh Rin, that is terrible!! Im sorry, but Im glad everything is fine, and that it wasn't your fault...lol at least you were wearing a bra...hopefully

blim4evans said...

Haha we still love you Amy!

Danielle said...

i laughed hard when i read your last line-so funny! and whatever, i'm sure you still looked smokin' hot!